Building Envelope Technology
Price Consulting, Inc.
Texas Board of Professional Engineers Professional Registration Number F-3814
For moisture detection within roof substrate materials, PCI's capabilities include non-destructive moisture surveys utilizing hand-held equipment including infrared camera, nuclear meter, and/or capacitance technology. These services typically include:
• Performance of instrumented thermographic survey of designated roof areas with hand-held infrared imaging equipment ("InSight").
• Compilation of meter readings obtained at a pre-determined grid spacing over the roof using either Troxler Nuclear Moisture Meter or Tramex Capacitance Meter.
• Core sample analysis of roof system construction.
• Verification of moisture presence via moisture probes with Delmhorst Moisture Meter and/or roof cores.
• Identification and marking of areas on the roof suspected of containing wet substrate materials.
• Preparation of annotated roof plan depicting penetrations, curbs, identified anomalies, and core/probe locations.
• Preparation of a roof moisture survey report, including summary of survey results, recommendations, annotated roof plan, and photographic documentation.